Monday 14 April 2008

Been Busy...

and thats why i haven't posted on my blog since i came back to Newcastle (well thats my excuse and i am sticking to it :p) Since my last blog not alot has happened really, not that it ever does around here lol.
I have just finished a 2 week mandatory course through the jobcentre called Learning Choices - Gateway to work and it was boring as hell but if i didnt go they could stop my dole money :( All we did was update our CV's, jobsearch and have a couple of people come in and give us tips on how to sell ourselves in interviews and what not to do in interviews. That was all in the first week, the second week we all had 2 or 3 days work placements where you go to a company and work for them to give you experience and hopefully get a job out of it. Two people off my course did get jobs out of their placements the rest didnt lol. I was put in a charity shop for 2 days and all i did was price books and clothes up and make sure everything was in size order on the rails (i could hardly contain my excitement!!!) Anyway there was a couple of fit lads on my course so atleast there was some eye candy lol. One of the guys was called Tony and he was a really nice guy and made everyone laugh, we swapped numbers and were texting loads and we going to keep in touch still and see where things go :D
Swapped rooms with my brother so i get the slightly bigger room and have decorated it how i wanted it (one wall mint green and the other three lilac) and it looks pretty good just need to buy new bedding, a blind and some nice foil curtains i have seen in au naturale. Bought a new double bed as have wanted one for ages but there wouldnt have been room in my old bedroom, now i just need someone to share it with seen as i am still single :(
Thats about it really, had a few interviews since i came back but aint been successful as of yet but fingers crossed i get this job i had an interview for on friday...i will keep you posted!!

No comments: